[Kstars-devel] KConfig, Projector enum and KStarsData::progressText in KStars Lite

Artem Fedoskin afedoskin3 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 12:06:35 UTC 2016

Dear developers of KStars,

While working on KStarsLite a bunch of questions arose,

1. I'm struggling to get Options working from QML. Even after I've made
instance of type Options available to QML as a context property, I can't
get access to all its functions because they are not marked with
Q_INVOKABLE macro and are not slots. I found in this patch https://git.
reviewboard.kde.org/r/123367/ and source code of kconfig compiler that I
should set GenerateProperties=true in Options.kfgc to create option
properties as Q_PROPERTY. However, I got following error "Too many signals
to create unique bit masks". There is some conflict between Mutators and
GenerateProperties options that causes this error but I can't figure out
what should I change to have setters in Q_PROPERTY.

2. Can I move SkyMap::Projection to Projector class? I don't want to
include skymaph.h in skymaplite.h just to use Projection enum and this way
there will be no need in adding another #ifdef construction to Projector
class.

3. Just to inform you - I changed KStarsData::progressText( const QString&
) to KStarsData::progressText( const QString& text) because you can't
handle unnamed parameters in QML slots.

Regards, Artem