[Kstars-devel] KStars Lite progress

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Sun Jun 12 19:18:05 UTC 2016

Excellent progress Artem, really happy to see KStars Lite coming along
nicely! The next milestone is quite significant and hopefully we can
concentrate on making KStars Lite a pleasant experience for users of low
powered and small factor devices.

Keep up the beautiful work!

Regards,
Jasem

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 9:40 PM, Artem Fedoskin <afedoskin3 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear developers of KStars,
>
> You can find the blog post related my progress here
> http://thelastpolaris.blogspot.com/2016/06/planet-moons-lines-and-labels-in-kstars.html
>
> Also checkout *gsoc2016-kstarslite*
> <http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kstars.git&a=shortlog&h=07c3d59c62acbf9dc824954a909a5034a4b49c35>
> branch as I added support for constellation names and compass labels
>
> Regards, Artem

>> Dear developers of KStars,
>>
>> Just a small note about the progress of the KStars Lite
>>
>> During the past 2 weeks I worked on porting lines and labels to KStars
>> Lite. I faced a few problems (had to find good algorithm for triangulation
>> of concave polygon, spent some time on optimizing lines but still have a
>> lot to do here) and also had a midterm exam (which I've passed :) ) but
>> coming week I will have much more time to work on KStars Lite.
>>
>> You can find my latest commit that brings labels for planets, asteroids,
>> comets and stars (which will be soon introduced) in *gsoc2016-kstarslite*
>> <http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kstars.git&a=shortlog&h=07c3d59c62acbf9dc824954a909a5034a4b49c35>
>> branch.
>>
>> Checkout my blog tomorrow as I will post detailed report on what was
>> done. Also tomorrow you will find my next commit that will bring to KStars
>> Lite support for constellation names, horizon, equator and ecliptic labels
>> (they are treated a bit different because we need to rotate them according
>> to a given angle, so I need to finish a few things with it).
>>
>> Just to create some appetite - current state of KStars Lite :)
>> http://postimg.org/image/3xq68hj8b/full/
>>
>> Regards, Artem

Best Regards,
Jasem Mutlaq