[Kstars-devel] KStars Lite progress

Artem Fedoskin afedoskin3 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 00:23:45 UTC 2016

Dear developers of KStars,

Just a small note about the progress of the KStars Lite

During the past 2 weeks I worked on porting lines and labels to KStars
Lite. I faced a few problems (had to find good algorithm for triangulation
of concave polygon, spent some time on optimizing lines but still have a
lot to do here) and also had a midterm exam (which I've passed :) ) but
coming week I will have much more time to work on KStars Lite.

You can find my latest commit that brings labels for planets, asteroids,
comets and stars (which will be soon introduced) in *gsoc2016-kstarslite*
<http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kstars.git&a=shortlog&h=07c3d59c62acbf9dc824954a909a5034a4b49c35>
branch.

Checkout my blog tomorrow as I will post detailed report on what was done.
Also tomorrow you will find my next commit that will bring to KStars Lite
support for constellation names, horizon, equator and ecliptic labels (they
are treated a bit different because we need to rotate them according to a
given angle, so I need to finish a few things with it).

Just to create some appetite - current state of KStars Lite :)
http://postimg.org/image/3xq68hj8b/full/

Regards, Artem