[Kstars-devel] Performance of KStars Lite

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 03:39:38 UTC 2016

> For example in SkyQPainter::drawSkyPolyline we first call
> Projector::toScreen() and then Projector::checkVisibility(). I think that in
> this case checkVisibility() is used to not draw the object when it is not
> visible but we still anyway call toScreen().

I think you might be right. This might be oversight, unless
checkVisibility() uses the screen coordinates (which would be somewhat
pointless).

I'd say, do a git blame, and see which commits last touched it, and
see if it explains some special reason why it is the way it is. If
there's none, please go ahead and change this, and test if it works.
If it works to whatever extent you can test, go ahead and commit it.

>> Questions regarding Qt Quick -- you might get a lot of help on the
>> kde-devel IRC channel or the kde-devel mailing list.
>
> Thank you for your suggestion. I've already sent an e-mail to qt-interest
> mailing list and made a topic on Qt forum but will try IRC and kde-devel
> mailing list.

You might get a quick answer on #kde-devel -- there are some people
who know QML very well.