[Kstars-devel] Advertisement: KStars GSoC project on seamless download of deep-sky object data

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 06:47:44 UTC 2016

Hi

This is to announce yet another GSoC project idea that Jasem and I are
interested in and are inviting great students to apply for. Jasem and
I have discussed this in the past and think it is feasible and would
be a great feature in KStars. Our other GSoC projects are amazing too,
and you should totally look them up here
https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2016/Ideas#KStars -- but this one is
not yet listed due to the Wikis being locked after a massive spam
attack, so I'm leaving you with the details here:

https://paste.kde.org/pkmjfyikl

http://akarshsimha.xen.prgmr.com/~akarsh/kstars/deepskyproject.txt

As you can see, we have already put a lot of thought into the
structure and implementation details -- if you speak some C++, XML and
SQL and can implement clean code, this might be the project for you!

Also check out our other project ideas!