[Kstars-devel] Suggestions for a newbie

M.S. Adityan msadityan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 05:22:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

Jasem, I have a few questions regarding the constellation art idea for
GSoC. With the limited knowledge I have right now, I am assuming that the
constellation art would be required to be a set of 88 vector images. Am I
right? Would proficiency with photoshop be of any help? If photoshop is not
allowed, then I could use Gimp. Essentially would the art forms be required
to be drawn, or would the be available from source ready to be integrated
into the proposed SkyComponent module?

Akarsh, I will have a look at starhopper.cpp and ask you more pertinent
questions. As far as operating a telescope is concerned, I don't own a
telescope myself. But yes I have spent many nights star gazing with my
friend who owned a Schmidt Cassegrain telescope. So I have more of an
'observational' experience with handling telescopes, since he didn't let me
use it myself! Apart from that I was allowed access for a few star gazing
sessions, and a Venus transit from an 8 inch refractor housed in the MS
University of Baroda, Gujarat. It is one of the largest telescopes
available in India. I was not a student there, so I had limited access, and
that too on only a few occasions. I am now pursuing an undergraduate degree
in mathematics in BITS Pilani, India, and I hope to get access to a small
telescope which owned by our Astro Club.

Regards