[Kstars-devel] Problems with getting the frameworks branch of KStars to run on my Fedora 20 system

Akarsh Simha akarsh at kde.org
Tue Sep 2 18:15:15 UTC 2014

Hi Samikshan

While I didn't encounter the KXMLGUI path issue, I did encounter the
other error involving TZrules.dat that you show.

The solution is to export the XDG_CONFIG_DIRS and XDG_DATA_DIRS
correctly. If you want, here is the shell script I use to switch
between frameworks and non-frameworks branches:
http://pastebin.kde.org/pll8omdyl

Some of those variables might be unnecessary. But XDG_CONFIG_DIRS and
XDG_DATA_DIRS are the important ones. Ensure that they include the
important directories (etc / usr etc.) with / replaced also by
<InstallPrefix>. See Jasem's previous post to my question for more
stuff.

(I also asked PovAddict and mpyne on IRC. They were both very helpful.)