[Kstars-devel] Changes to KNewStuff listing

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 21:04:37 UTC 2014

Hi

Jasem recently shared with me the Sh2 (Sharpless) catalog. I have now
made available both Sharpless and Hickson catalogs through KNewStuff3
("Download New Data"). Also made some changes to the download listing
(eg: adding MD5 checksums for some files, especially large files.)

I request the community to test and report any problems.

Also, in my most recent commit, I added Henry Draper index to the
default data set of KStars. This allows searching for stars by Henry
Draper number. It was earlier available only through "Download new
data", but it was only ~ 1.4MB, so it might as well be part of the
default release, since it is likely that many users never "discovered"
its existence.