[Kstars-devel] Execute Session

Akarsh Simha akarsh at kde.org
Sun Mar 30 21:55:15 UTC 2014

Hey Bruce

> What happens to the data entered when you Execute Session?  It is somewhat
> similar to what I was thinking about in my previous email.  I gave it a try,
> but is seems to be broken.  It gave me no way to view the data or search it.

Oh, execute session is largely broken. Although it was designed to
help integrating both planning and logging of deep-sky observations in
KStars, it is largely incomplete.

While logging is mostly broken, the observation planner is "usable",
but there are still a lot of bugs. I had gone observing on Friday
night and KStars crashed on me at least 4 ~ 5 times, did not save my
DSS images, so my observing was much more sub-optimal than it
should've been.

Sadly, I don't have the time to fix it these days, although I really
do care about it. However, I think I might make the planner more
robust and fail-safe before I go to Texas Star Party -- I'll push my
fixes to trunk around that time.

If you know any programmers who understand deep-sky observation and
would be interested to help out, please do invite them to join the
project!