[Kstars-devel] KStars and Archaeoastronomy

Χρίστος Παπανικολάου papc64 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 13:10:08 UTC 2014

Dear KStars friends!

My name is Chris Papanikolaou and I live in Athens, Greece. I study
Archaeoastronomy in the University of Aegean, Rhodes. I need your help to
this problem: When I find a declination (δ) of a monument I need to know
the exactly stars that passing this declination in the past (from 1BC to
4713 BC). I have a software of the University (Stars) but it refer only 143
stars and some of them is out of range for the Greek sky (some southern
stars). I need also stars not over 6 magnitude (visual range). Is it
possible to create a Script or something like this and give me the KStars a
table of stars for the past to specific declination?

Thank you in advance for your time and your help!

Chris