[Kstars-devel] Porting KStars to KF5

Samikshan Bairagya samikshan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 07:15:48 UTC 2014

Hi,

I checked out the frameworks branch and tried building KStars. However,
I can't figure out what all packages I need to install in order to get
rid of the
following cmake error:

sbairagy at dhcp193-120 ~/k/b/kstars-build [1]> cmake
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../../usr/ -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug
../../src/kstars/
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:27 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindKF5.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
  asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "KF5", but
  CMake did not find one.

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "KF5" with any of
  the following names:

    KF5Config.cmake
    kf5-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "KF5" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set "KF5_DIR"
  to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "KF5" provides a
  separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been installed.

See also "/home/sbairagy/kde/build/kstars-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/sbairagy/kde/build/kstars-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

----

I understand I need to install packages related to KF5. I use Fedora 20 and I
followed these links [1] [2]. Trying to install kf-* packages from [2] leads to
problems wrt kf5-kactivities-runtime package which conflicts with kactivities
package which I can't get over.

[1] http://www.progdan.cz/2014/01/kde-frameworks-5-and-plasma-2-on-fedora/
[2] http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/dvratil/kde-frameworks/

--
Regards,
Samikshan

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 4:16 AM, Jasem Mutlaq <mutlaqja at ikarustech.com> wrote:
> Ok, after 6 more hours today it _almost_ compiled, but I had to disable a
> LOT of stuff, and by now there are too many #FIXME tags all over the code. I
> will continue on it tomorrow to get it compiled at least.
>
> Regards,
> Jasem
>

> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Jasem Mutlaq <mutlaqja at ikarustech.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, so I've spend the last 11 hours porting KStars to KF5, but there are
>> still many issues and it still does NOT compile, but a _lot_ of porting work
>> has be completed. You will see lots of "FIXME" and "TODO" throughout the
>> code. Basically, with KF5 there is more reliance again on Qt classes since
>> most KDE equivalents are now deprecated since their functionality exist in
>> Qt5.
>>
>> Hopefully someone can pick up the rest to make it compile at least.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jasem
>>

> --
> Best Regards,