[Kstars-devel] How does one set the install prefix for QStandardPaths?

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 03:33:15 UTC 2014

Thank you, Jasem. I got things working, albeit with some hackjobs to
export environment variables depending on the branch.... I wonder if
someone has written scripts for this already. Seems like a common
thing.

I have KStars KF5 working well, and am surprised that it already works
to such a large extent! One thing that came to my notice is that
custom catalogs don't work. I would be happy to try and work on this,
because it affects my use of the program substantially -- that way, I
might be able to regularly use the KF5 branch, thereby finding other
holes and doing some testing as I use it.

If you could give me any pointers on your porting experience with
catalogcomponent and allied things (SQLite database stuff,
catalogdb.cpp etc.), I'd be grateful, so I have something to start
with.

In the meanwhile, I heard from Nicolás Alvarez that he's in the
process of building a Windows installer for KStars KF5! Since we are
largely functional and stable already with KF5, from the looks of it,
it might be worth getting some testing on Windows.