[Kstars-devel] Missing Location in kstars wizzard.

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Thu May 9 00:30:37 UTC 2013

On Sun, May 05, 2013 at 02:14:28PM +0200, Jan de Wal wrote:
>    I dont know how to contact you people other than this mailing list so here
>    go's:
>
>    How can it be (not that im living in that place) that franeker (the
>    netherlands) the "birth/mekka" place of planetariums is not listed in the
>    location wizard.
>
>    [1]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eise_Eisinga
>
>    And while where add it, please add leeuwarden too :)
>
>    These missing locations has been for a few years and still is for me a
>    weird thing, i just wanted to mention one time.

Hi

Thanks for reporting.

The right way to solve this is to use Marble's globe widget to pick
the Geographic Location. I think Marble added timezone and DST rules
support too, so it will cut our timezone nonsense away.

I'm certain there are many, many more missing locations in
KStars. Doing this will solve all missing location problems and many
more.

I might be able to do some research into this during the weekend.