[Kstars-devel] Release coming up soon; time to make a list of things that need attention

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Wed May 8 07:31:38 UTC 2013

Hi

Looks like we have a release (4.11) coming up pretty soon. May 22nd is
the soft feature freeze, June 5th is the hard feature freeze, July 8th
is the hard message freeze and RC 1 is tagged on July 9th.

So we need to make a list of things to fix.

Here's what I can think of:

1. We should do something about migration to the Database (Rishab's
   GSoC work). There are some backward-incompatible changes that we
   should ideally make before release; otherwise, we'll need to write
   a bunch of conversion scripts to take data from old databases and
   write into new ones.

2. Samikshan's GSoC work should be merged and polished before June
   5th, the hard feature freeze.

3. There's an annoying segfault in "Export Sky Image" that we've
   discussed here before. It would be best to fix that, so that people
   can actually use the Logbook project.

4. Make "What's Interesting" (Samikshan's work) available by default,
   and maybe help configure it in the startup wizard.

5. Make Samikshan's older Supernova Alerts work enabled by default.

I can't recall anything else at the moment, off the top of my
head. Please add to the list.