[Kstars-devel] New Version of Steinicke NGC/IC catalog

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 16:35:43 UTC 2013

Hi

A new version of the Steinicke NGC/IC catalog is available, revised
January 2013!
http://www.klima-luft.de/steinicke/

It's very nice to see a clear license / usage policy specified. At
least, this is my translation:
"Important Information: The non-commercial use of this data is
free. If you intend commercial use (however, also for non-commercial
uses, for example in a Free software), please contact [the author]
without fail. In any case, a correct mention of the source / copyright
and acknowledgment of the author (Dr. Wolfgang Steinicke) is
essential. The data are protected under the [copyright] framework of a
scientific project."

It might be a good idea to upgrade our existing Steinicke
catalog. I'll contact the author right away.