[Kstars-devel] Batch DBus call exportImage(...) -- how do I bypass the Legend export dialog

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 17:39:27 UTC 2013

Hi

There's a DBus call on KStars called exportImage(...) that can be
really useful, especially after Rafal implemented SVG export. (I also
have a vectorized star drawing patch that I will check into master
after removing regressions. The star charts from KStars now look
really cool!)

I plan to automate generation of some star charts (mostly wide-field)
using org.kde.kstars.lookTowards(...), org.kde.kstars.zoom(...) and
org.kde.kstars.exportImage(...)

However, the KStars::exportImage() calls the Legend export dialog. I'm
writing to ask what's the best way I can "batch"ify exportImage() so
that it uses the dialog's settings, without invoking the dialog
itself...

The easiest way out that I can think of is to make
ExportImageDialog::exportImage() a public slot, and use that as a DBus
call instead -- maybe with some dressing. But that doesn't seem to be
a good solution in general. What's a good solution?