[Kstars-devel] New Version of Steinicke NGC/IC catalog

rkline1963 rkline1963 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 17 21:26:26 UTC 2013

This is very encouraging since it appears that Steinicke has done a lot of
work to resolve errors in the published NGC data from my reading of his web
pages.  I am hoping this will help for things like for M2 and M53 having
magnitude 99.9 in Kstars (I just submitted a bug report.)  NGC2024 also has
magnitude 99.9 but Steinicke does not give visual magnitude data for it and
that may be the no data or error response of whatever ingested the data to
create the databases in Kstars.  I use Kstars in conjunction with star
charts for most of my observing.