[Kstars-devel] GSoC 2011 project

Rafal Kulaga rl.kulaga at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 10:44:15 UTC 2012

Hi Bruce, Akarsh

> I've taken a screen shoot of the boxes and lines I'm referring to (see
> attached).  These 3Dish lines need to be solid, but keep at the same width as
> I think that would make them for distinct at night.

I agree. Picture proposed by Akarsh looks fine to me. I can change all
the tables to look like that.

> I agree this is an important concern. (On a similar note, I remember
> struggling to see galaxies plotted on color star charts, where
> galaxies are usually marked with red color!)

Added to work queue.

>> What every method you gentleman choose to use to import the observing list
>> into the printing wizard would be great by me.
>
> This is a rather hard thing to code. Let me see if I can come up with
> something.

It's not hard at all to implement that. I've mailed Lukasz requesting
him to do that as a part of his SOCIS project.

> How about "Chart and Logging Form Wizard"? That does look long, but I
> think it's a complete description. Also, I strongly agree with the
> suggestion of moving it to the Tools menu. What do you think, Rafal?

Honestly, "Printing Wizard" was more of a working name for this
feature. I also agree that we should move it to "Tools" menu.

> It might be hard to find for most people using the software, and might
> be overlooked despite being such a unique and powerful feature.

*blushes*

> One day I hope to give a talk at the Royal Astronomy Society of Canada (Ottawa
> Chapter) about this software.  But we have a bit to go before this software
> will pass the mark, for such a critical group of men and women.

This would be just awesome! I agree that there is much work to do,
both as it comes to code refactoring and features. Having said that,
your feedback is much appreciated. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Rafal