[Kstars-devel] GSoC Idea

Rafał Kułaga rl.kulaga at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 18:57:25 UTC 2012

Hi Rishab,

What you have described is certainly a great idea, but I really doubt
it would make a good GSoC project. You have to take into consideration
the fact that GSoC spans only 3 months (4 if you count community
bonding period). Also, selecting one of the projects from project
ideas list - http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2012/Ideas#KStars -
increases your chances of being selected, because these are the
projects, which are difficulty-realistic and have interested people
from KStars that could mentor you.

Anyway, on the technical side, I also doubt it could be done within a
time-frame of GSoC. I am not completely sure, but I think there is
currently not enough data to do the required computations. Also, are
you sure that you know the celestial mechanics so well that you can
handle implementing it?

Feel free to talk to me on IRC about your ideas.

Cheers,
Rafal