[Kstars-devel] meade etx-80 telescope and kstars

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Thu Dec 27 09:06:11 UTC 2012

Wed, 26 Dec 2012 12:10:39 +0200 було написано Danil Smirnov
<danil.smirnov at gmail.com>:

> Hi Kstars developers!
>
> I've just bought subj and installed Kstars on my Ubuntu.
> (The version which is in the repository is 2.0.0.)
>
> I guess there was no such model when the version was released.
> (I saw only ETX-90 model in the list.)
>
> How would I set up my telescope with the Kstars?
>
> Thank you very much for the software!
>
> Danil

Hi,

KStars relies on INDI library in detection and operating with telescopes.

INDI library documentation says [1] that all ETX models are supported by
Autostar driver [1]. If it is not true please report the bug against INDI
library.

Telescope setup in KStars should be made using the tutorial [2]. This
tutorial is a part of general KStars documentation that can be installed
with KStars.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri