[Kstars-devel] Wrong epoch in stars data

Massimiliano "Max Negro" Masserelli negro at interim.it
Tue Aug 14 08:45:16 UTC 2012

Sorry to keep pestering about this, but I think the problem is serious.

Main stars coordinates in kstars are expressed in J1991.25 and not
J2000, and are interpreted as they were expressed in J2000. You can
verify this easily with the "calculator" and match the results with HIP
data (Sirius A: http://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/VizieR-S?HIP%
2032349).

I can provide data in J2000 based on textual stars.dat as provided with
kstars distribution, but I don't have time and knowledge enough to
regenerate the db used by the application.

Please note, ALL data from HIP are in J1991.25 so the position of nearly
all the main stars kstar is actually wrong.
--
Massimiliano "Max Negro" Masserelli <negro at interim.it>