[Kstars-devel] GSoC 2012 Project Introduction: More beginner friendly KStars

Samikshan Bairagya samikshan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 17:29:00 UTC 2012

Hi Everybody!

My project proposal for Google Summer of Code, 2012, with the idea -
"Make KStars more usable for beginner astronomers by adding
'What's Interesting...' feature to KStars and by making 'Star Hopping'
feature user-configurable" - has been accepted. It is really exciting
and I am confident that this would be a rewarding experience for me,
the community and the users of KStars.

Through these features KStars will become more friendly and usable for
beginner and intermediate level astronomers.

Anyway, even though I am not new to this list and have posted here in the
past, I would like to introduce myself here in brief. I am an undergraduate
student of Computer Science and Engineering at National Institute of
Technology in Durgapur, India. I have made contributions to KStars as a
part of Season of KDE, 2011 and afterwards.

To know more about me, my project proposal and previous work you can
take a look at my blog at http://samxan.wordpress.com/ . I will regularly
be posting there about my work progress, thoughts and ideas.

Also it is wonderful that KStars has been allotted 2 slots for GSoC this
year. I am looking forward to working alongside Rishab Arora who'll be
working on "Improving Data Storage, Logs and adding DSO catalogs to
KStars".

Currently I am a bit occupied with my college examinations. Unfortunately,
this phase will continue till the 1st week of May. Can't wait to start work
after that.

Cheers,
Samikshan Bairagya.