[Kstars-devel] SLEW does not work correctly

bnc bnc at netspeed.com.au
Wed Sep 14 13:11:48 UTC 2011

Hi,
I am running Kstars 2.0.0 on kde 4.6.5 release 7.
I did a git pull git://anongit.kde.org/kstars , then a make/install.
When I start my scope and connect from kstars all works well.
i.e. the LX200GPS icon comes up on the correct star, and I can use the
hand paddle to GOTO any other star.
However, when I select a star from kstars and choose the SLEW option
the scope moves to an incorrect position and from then on the GOTO on
the hand paddle does not work either.
So something gets set wrong in the scope.
The incorrect position seems to be a long way away, I have to use mode
to abort the movement before I hit limits.
All the date/time RA/DEC appear to be correct initially.
Not sure if I am missing a setting somewhere?
Thanks,
Brian