[Kstars-devel] Compass directions and Kstars 2.0.0

Antti J. Huhtala ahuhtal4 at welho.com
Wed Nov 9 22:13:49 UTC 2011

Greetings list members,

although I understand this list deals with finer points of Kstars
development I'd like to know why Kstars 2.0.0 shows compass directions
as it does in my Fedora 15 system:
If I go a full circle clockwise starting from NE, I see the following
markings just below the horizon line: NE, E, SE, S, NE, E, SE, S.
The latter four obviously should be SW, W, NW, N.
I'm writing here in the hope this flaw could be corrected without
writing a formal bug report.

In my opinion, Kstars is one of the finest programs ever written for
computers.

BR, Antti