[Kstars-devel] Re: Kstars and SBIG ccds

Rakesh Nath raknath at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 20:21:10 CEST 2011

On 06/08/2011 04:28 PM, Jasem Mutlaq wrote:
> Hi Jasem
>

>     I have a quick question on how to get the device to get recognised
>     at Kstars. Basically what I imagined was that the CCD should be
>     listed in the devices automatically, so I found the FLI CCD(which
>     is not mine its an SBIG) but then even though I installed the SBIG
>     indi package this is not listed on Kstars. So the device manager
>     is not able to find the ccd even when its on and connected to the
>     usb port. It also seems to scan a port when I ask it to connect,
>     which file do I need to edit to specify this port?
>

> Try updating your 'Software Sources' and download indi-sbig version
> 1.1-0ubuntu2~ppa2. I did that on my machine and was able to locate and
> run SBIG CCD under the devices menu. So please make sure to install
> the latest KStars and indi-sbig from my PPA.

Hey guys

I discovered the problem on this, basically the xml file does not list
the Sbig ccd, as part of the drivers. So I went down to the INDI servers
directory and modified the xml file to list the SBIG ccd. Now the
listing works and the ccd is controllable with Kstars.

 Jasem, one request is could you modify the source code to automatically
pop up the INDI control panel when any of the services are started?
Because right now it only auto-pops for the fli ccd, so I have to start
two services to get this done. If you don't find the time, let me know
what I need to do and I could help out

Happy to help :)
-

Thanks and Regards
Rakesh Nath
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
Carl Sagan