[Kstars-devel] stars.dat with coordinates J2000

Massimiliano "Max Negro" Masserelli negro at interim.it
Sun Jul 31 13:09:31 UTC 2011

As I wrote to this list a couple of months ago (sorry for the delay,
it's been interesting times), stars.data coordinates are expressed in
J1991.25 equinox. I found a library from NASA (novas-c) which offers a
function to convert from hipparcos coords to icrs j2000, and applied the
transformation to all lines in stars.data. Now coordinates seems
coherent with the ones retrieved via simbad query (I checked a few).

Is this "corrected" file interesting? Where should I upload it?

(the code I used for conversion is fairly trivial, I can attach it, too,
but I think it's far from interesting, dealing mostly with string
parsing and number conversions, and then calling a single function from
novas-c)

Thank you again for your time.
--
Massimiliano "Max Negro" Masserelli <negro at interim.it>