[Kstars-devel] Re: Application to SOCIS 2011

Rafał Kułaga rl.kulaga at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 17:45:58 CEST 2011

Hi Diogo,

Thanks for your interest in applying for project in KStars! The scope
of the project as outlined on ideas page is rather impossible to do in
just three months (minus the time you'll need to make yourself
familiar with KStars source code, as it'll be vital to this project),
so you'll need to indicate in your proposal what exactly you plan to
do. Also, as tests are really important for any kind of refactoring
projects, you should describe how you plan to test your changes, to
ensure that no regression are introduced.

Basically, you can include any information to support you application
:-) Also, you should check terms of service at ESA SoCiS site - this
year, unfortunately, only students enrolled at educational
institutions in the EU are eligible to participate.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Rafał Kułaga