[Kstars-devel] Re: KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars/htmesh

Alexey Khudyakov alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 22:33:58 CET 2011

On 20.02.2011 22:15, Akarsh Simha wrote:
> Alexey,
>
> I'd like to point out that HTMesh was written as if it were going to
> be an independent library that any application could use.
>
> So unused functions like indexToName are probably better off sticking
> there, so that those pacakges of functionality are still present.
>
> What do you think?

It was but it is not maintained by original authors which means that we
have to maintain it. It is not easy to understand and every removed
function make this task easier. It's impossible to break unused function
too.

Also unused code pathes tend to bitrot over time. It shouldn't be
prominent in this case but anyway.