[Kstars-devel] Re: Planet textures with OpenGL

Alexey Khudyakov alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 20:04:17 CEST 2011

On 04.04.2011 11:05, Akarsh Simha wrote:
> Hi
>
> I finally did some research on this problem. It seems to me that the
> reason why planet textures do not display in OpenGL is because they
> are "bound" too early.

> Does this sound okay? Harry, shall I go ahead and make this change?

To my understanding there are no clear understanding of what causes
problem. We may end up with hiding problem under rug instead of fixing
it. It's better to try to understand what's going on first.

I will look into it. Not sooner that saturday though. At any rate I need
to understand how OpenGL textures work. It look like a good case to
improve understaning.