[Kstars-devel] Fwd: [kde-edu]: GSoC ideas

Luiz Romário Santana Rios luizromario at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 03:15:43 CEST 2010

Hello, let me introduce myself.

I'm a Computer Science student from the Federal University of Bahia, 3rd
year. I got interested by the idea of implementing support for OpenGL in
KStars, because I was previously interested in learning that API and I want
KStars to look more preety.

I know C++, already know some Qt and am studying OpenGL. I think I can learn
it in enough time. I cannot say exactly how and what I'll do, but I already
have some ideas:
 - Make a 3D ambient for the projections with perspective.
 - Make it possible to define a SkyObject a mesh, in the case of the orbs
which we can see with more detail (Solar System's planets, the moon,
etc....)
 - Use particles to represent the Milky Way.

I already talked to Akarsh about it, and he said it is fine for me to apply.

Best Regards
--
Luiz Romário Santana Rios