[Kstars-devel] Refactoring of SkyComponents

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 21:29:11 CET 2010

Hi Alexey,

Sorry to barge in late, but I have a few questions just for my understanding.

> * Unused functions and data members are removed. I used rather strict approach
> to removal of unused functions. If function is not used it is to be removed.
> This is especially true for accessors.

Why is this a good idea?

> * If class A is only subclass of class B merge them into one class.
> I think it's better to have fewer classes. And it's reasonable to keep
>  - SkipListIndex -> MilkyWay
>  - SingleComponent -> SolarSystemSingleComponent

Why is this a good idea? Isn't it a better idea to have things like
SkipListIndex and SingleComponent hanging around, because we may later
want to add other subclasses?

> * Add static function to StarObject to draw star image of specified size and
> spectral class. This function now used in SolarSystemSingleComponent for
> planet drawing.

Ahh, very nice :)

Thanks in advance.