[Kstars-devel] Continuation of implementation for bug#178232

Khudyakov Alexey alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 19:11:52 CEST 2010

В сообщении от 11 апреля 2010 18:28:59 вы написали:
> Hi Alexey,
>
> Pl. find the updated patch, sorry it took a month :D
> Also find my comments inlined below.

It's getting better with each iteration.

== List of easily detectable bugs ==

Previous bugs are gone but there're new ones.

Drag rectangles for a few times with right mouse button pressed. For the first
time rectangle is drawn. After that it may be drawn or may be not. Also
rectangle sometimes doesn't disappear when right button is released.

Deep-skies' names are always dumped to stdout.

== Comments ==

> > 1, I think there is no need store SkyPoints for rectangle angles inside
> > of SkyMap. It's better to calculate them from scree coordinates when
> > mouse button
> > is released and pass them into showObjectsInRect as parameters.
> >
> But I think we'll still have to store first right click position (into
> firstRClickPos)

Yes. It's required for correct rectangle drawing. I think it's better to
calculate SkyPoints at the last moment and do not carry them around.

> ZoomRect = QRect();
> FindObjectsRect = QRect();
1. There is no need to copy empty rectangle into FindObjectsRect. It's already
initialized with default constructor. You can remove assignment for zoom rect
too.

> > Much shorter and easier to understand.
>
> Yes, thanks for this comment, I tried this instead of the ladder and it
> works.

Qt assistant is really handy in such situations.