[Kstars-devel] Cities.dat corrections

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 09:21:00 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 07:28:33AM +0200, Burkhard Lück wrote:

> > Shouldn't we be adding the umlauts to cities which have no English
> > names, so as to spell them correctly nevertheless?
> >
> I have done that for the german names, only Cologne, Munich and Nuremberg are
> translated, all other cities have the correct german spelling.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't notice. Thanks.

> What about these strange locations I could not identify ("Furth (Mfr)" and "H.
> List"?

I find it really tempting to think that Furth referred to Fu"rth in
Mittelfranken, as you pointed out. We could replace it by the correct
entry for Fu"rth and remove H. List, since we have absolutely no clue
about what it is.

Med has been proposing the idea of using a MarbleWidget for our
geographic location picker and using Marble's database of places. I
don't know when we'll get that, though, but I think we should. So it
is okay if this list is not exhaustive at the moment.

Thanks a lot for the fixes!

I believe we have a consensus on H. List and Fu"rth. If I'm right
here, I could go ahead and remove those two lines if you wish and
replace the data with appropriate data for Fu"rth if you wish.