[Kstars-devel] Question

Fabien pogzy at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 15:38:43 CET 2009

Hi,

I am doing a small chart atlas generation forms using php & html. My (quite far) goal is to generate a user defined star atlas by writing pdf files, depending on the user taste and needs, and perhaps scope aperture or other funny things.

I am for now using only BSC and SAGUARO catalogs, and also constellation boundaries, like many do. I was asking myself if I could use some job already done inside kstars. What is your inside catalog format, is it usable as a standalone catalog source and well documented? If so could you tell me how it works or when to view some docs?

For my own needs, I am doing a two pass job. The first one is to fill a SQLite DB (single file) by parsing original text base catalog files. Then I do sql requests to retreive needed RA/DEC/Magnitude object type of data.
I don't think my way to do this job could interest anybody else, but in case. The DB system can be tuned (index and so on) to be more relevant than my code to retreive needed data quickly.

Regards
Fabien