[Kstars-devel] Tycho-2 Star catalog lacking Stars?

Lukas Middendorf lukas.middendorf at freenet.de
Sun Oct 25 21:43:25 CET 2009

Akarsh Simha wrote:
> Thanks for this valuable information. It is very much possible that
> there are bugs in both the conversion process and in the drawing code.

I think it's the drawing code. I now found the stars. They are invisible, but
I can attach a label to them and see their details.

> It would help if you could tell us which version of KStars you are
> using as I fixed some of these bugs some day in the field. Many such
> elusive bugs go unnoticed, and I must thank you for excavating these.

I'm using KStars 1.5.3 from KDE 4.3.2. Is there any way to build just a new
kstars from svn (ideally using the libs I have installed from rpm) without
building a complete new KDE?

> It would also help if you could send us a screenshot of the
> superimposed photograph indicating the missing stars.

I have attached the photograph with the missing stars marked (the marked group
in the center is M29). There might be more missing stars, but I think I found
all that are clearly visible on the photograph.

Regards
Lukas