[Kstars-devel] "Devices" menu missing?

Jonathan Tomshine jtomshine at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 03:38:53 CET 2009

...so, just on a whim, I tried disabling the linux check in kstars'
CMakeLists.txt:

#IF(${CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME} STREQUAL "Linux")

and recompiled.  In looking at the output of the configure stage, it
appears that INDI was found okay, and the compiling went well.  I
needed to tinker with library paths a bit to get the resulting binary
to load without throwing an error (OSX GUI programs don't see the same
path as the command line) but it now does load okay.  Sadly, the
"Devices" menu is *still* missing...  Is there some other check that I
need to disable that I'm just not seeing?

-Jon

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Jasem Mutlaq <mutlaqja at ikarustech.com> wrote:
>>Of course kstars is designed for linux machines, but it's also
>>available to OSX users through the "kdeedu4" macport. I'm not sure how
>>many other people use it like this, but I've noticed that the
>>"Devices" menu (and hence any ability to control an INDI hardware
>>setup) is entirely missing:
>>
>>http://www.jshine.net/plogger/plog-content/images/misc/temp/screen-capture-
> 1.png
>>
>>I'm not sure if this is something that is unique to Macs -- I don't
>>have a linux machine with X handy.  Any suggestions?
>
> INDI library only works under Linux. You can't find the "Devices" menu under
> any other operating system.
>
> Regards,
> Jasem

Jonathan Tomshine, PhD