[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Khudyakov Alexey alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 14:31:35 CET 2009

В сообщении от 07 ноября 2009 00:13:21 Alexey Khudyakov написал:
> SVN commit 1045844 by khudyakov:
>
> Remove radian caching from dms. It's not really sensible to
> cache results of multiplication. It's better to save some space

Follow up on DMS caching

Here nice plot showing caching efficiency as function of time. Efficiency is
defined as ratio of all cache hits to all cache misses so far. I made two
measurements. In 'idle' I simply left KStars running for few minutes. In
'active' I dragged sky around, zoomed in/out.

Ratio is quite low, it's in 0.5-0.6 range. Or in other words only about 1 call
in 3 is cached. This leads me to question efficiency of sin/cos caching.

In attachment plot and patch used for measurements