[Kstars-devel] Stars drawing (speed and color)

Khudyakov Alexey alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:14:02 CET 2009

Hello

After recent fix in star drawing code I looked into it. I think usage of
QString as keys for cache isn't the best thing to do. I've tried to experiment
with other indexing schemes. So far I got ~10% speedup for map update with
maximum star density. Sadly code become harder to read.

Another problem I spotted is function StarObject::updateColors. It appears
only in commented code in the StarComponent which is marked "REMOVE" [1]
Moreover it doesn't know anything about color modes.

So question is whether it a historical remnant which should be removed?

[1] skycomponents/starcomponent.cpp:301
--
  Khudyakov Alexey