[Kstars-devel] A short mockup of my GSoC ideas.

JeaMY Lee jeamy.lee at gmail.com
Wed May 6 07:26:45 CEST 2009

Hi,

>> Observing logs : Create a QGroupBox kinda thingi to make it user
>> friendly. -> It'll look something like
>> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/images/parent-child-widgets.png Store
>> the logs in a meaningful format.
>
> In the backends, this would probably be a good XML format, with
> structures for Describing equipment (telescopes, eyepieces...),
> observing sites and observing "sessions".

I would recommend COMCAST XML Schema, a free and open schema definition
for all kinds of (amateur-) astronomical observations.
COMAST XML Schema was developed by the german "Fachgruppe für
Computerastronomie <http://www.computer-astronomie.de/>" (section for
computerastronomy) which is a subsection of Germanys largest astronomy
union (VDS - Vereinigung der Sternfreunde e.V. <http://www.vds-astro.de/>))

http://observation.sourceforge.net/en/index.html

Try "Observation Manager",  a open logbook for (amateur-) astronomical
observations, written in free java, to see how it works.
Here some screenshots:
http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=79315

--
.mostly harmless