[Kstars-devel] branches/kstars/summer/kstars/kstars/tools

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 07:39:46 CEST 2009

> SVN commit 978657 by prakash:
>
> Adding support for DSS/SDSS images for unnamed stars also, using RA0 and Dec0 to identify the images uniquely.
>
> CCMAIL: kstars-devel at kde.org

Hi Prakash

There is a slight problem with this feature, that I identified
yesterday. I guess you use objectNearest() to find the closest star to
the given RA0 and Dec0. The problem is that objectNearest() works only
for stars that are already in memory, whereas a lot of unnamed stars
are loaded dynamically from the disk.

We will need to extend DeepStarComponent::objectNearest() (or
implement an additional method) to do a search on the deep stars as
well! But till then, it is okay to have this feature as it is, because
it will work perfectly with the default unnamed star catalog. Just
keeping you aware of this.