[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars/skyobjects

Khudyakov Alexey alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 12:32:37 CEST 2009

On Thursday 04 of June 2009 08:13:02 Akarsh Simha wrote:
> But the mix of malloc/free and C++ objects is done for time
> optimization. We checked that removing the ctor drastically increased
> speed of loading.

For quick and dirty implementation it gives about 2 fold speed increase in
DeepStarComponent::loadStaticStars().

230±40ms for memcpy
440±80ms for naive C++ only implementation.

There are other methods of more C++ flavour. Placement new for example.

> I'll anyway check that it works. It's time for the KDE 4.3 release.

It should, because freshly constructed StarObject doesn't hold AuxData