[Kstars-devel] The "Equipment" model

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 10:09:33 CEST 2009

In context of the observing log and the OAL / COMAST XML schema
implementation, KStars will need to remember some of the user's
equipment. These could include Telescopes, Eyepieces, Filters, and
Imagers. The OAL schema specifies some of the associated properties of
each of these equipment.

Either Prakash or I will be working on this stuff. Any suggestions on
how to go about implementing this will be welcome!

I think we should implement backends that are classes that can hold
such a list, and a set of methods to save / retrieve a list of
equipment, preferably in a OAL-like XML file.

Then, there should be a UI for the user to define his equipment.

I'm mostly thinking aloud, so that others can comment on my ideas.