[Kstars-devel] Popup menu usability

Khudyakov Alexey alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 23:39:17 CET 2009

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 20:29:46 Akarsh Simha wrote:
> > > instead. That's a reasonable compromise, IMHO, between putting too
> > > much data in a line and having too many lines.
> >
> > Yes, It looks nice. I think it's time to get some coding done.
>
> Cool. Will await a patch :-)

Here it is. It works or at least seems to work. It's not pretty, have lot of
FIXME etc.

- Appearance changed for all menus. Now first row is object name, second - its
type, third - some information about object, fourth - constellation.
- Documentation for initPopupMenu changed to reflect current menu appearance.
- Argument names in initPopupMenu definition are changed so to match ones in
declaration
- "solar system" changed to "solar system object". I cannot distinguish
between planets/asteroids/comets so let it be.

What's missing:
 - Angular sizes for deep-skyes and planets. It require downcasting since
skyobject has no methods to retrieve it, and I'm do not like such things.

I have some thought on catalogs. I'll write a mail about it tomorrow.
It seems that current data model is not extensible enough.

Best regards
--
  Alexey Kudyakov