[Kstars-devel] Conjunction tool improvements

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 20:28:07 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 01:09:28AM +0100, Jérôme Sonrier wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Here is a patch that improves the conjunctions tool. We can now compute
> conjunctions between a planet and a type of object (stars, galaxies,
> solar system,...). I have also change the output list, I have used a
> QTableWidget so we can easily sort and filter it. Finaly, I have added
> an export button to save the list as a CSV.

Hi

That's awesome! I had issues with KLocale::IsoDate because I have an
outdated kdelibs, but then, got it to compile by changing that for now
(I'm going to build the new kdelibs soon, of course).

I'm just running the tool now, and I have a comment:

Isn't there a more efficient way of doing the compute conjunction
between <planet> and any object? One could "follow" the planet and
look for objects in a neighbourhood of 2 * minDistance and check
conjunctions only with those -- that should be faster, right?

Everything else is superb! I really wanted this feature! Thanks.

Now the only thing left on my wishlist for the Conjunctions tool is to
add a magnitude filter to that list and put comets and asteroids on
the planet side :)