[Kstars-devel] info boxes

Lukas Middendorf lukas.middendorf at freenet.de
Sat Dec 5 19:11:39 CET 2009

Hi,

I have messed around with the info boxes a bit and would like to have some
feedback.

I implemented some code to use the "sticky" integers from options to prevent
the info boxes from floating in the center of the skymap or outside of visible
range after window resize. I have attached my result, the debug-patch shows
the stickyness of the info boxes through their background colors. I guess
there is something terribly wrong with my approach, please tell me what it is.

In SkyMap::~SkyMap() the state of the info boxes is stored to the Options. It
seems as if "m_iboxes->isVisible()" allways returns false at this point and
therefore the boxes are always hidden on program start. If I use the state of
the checkbox instead, it seems to work. What is the problem here?

I'm wondering where the info boxes are deleted on program termination. Does it
happen at all?

Regards,
Lukas