[Kstars-devel] Could not install USNO NOMAD

Khudyakov Alexey alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 12:31:44 CEST 2009

В сообщении от Воскресенье 09 августа 2009 18:05:58 автор Akarsh Simha
написал:
> Hi
>
> Many folks have reported this so far. Is this a bug against
> KNewStuff2? Could somebody help me understand?

It looks like so. Below is code for downloading extra data. I think only one
who can show flashing windows and complain about inability to install is
KNS::Engine::download() call.

> void KStars::slotDownload() {
>     KNS::Entry::List entries = KNS::Engine::download();
>
>     foreach ( KNS::Entry *e, entries ) {
>         foreach ( const QString& fname, e->installedFiles() ) {
>             // Catalogs are added here
>         }
>     }
>
>     // we need to delete the entry* items in the returned list
>     qDeleteAll(entries);
> }

I suppose KNewStuff developers didn't tested it with >1GB size downloads.