[Kstars-devel] Could not install USNO NOMAD

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 12:36:24 CEST 2009

> I have the USNO catalogue here on CD(12), is the nomad one formatted
> specifically for kstars? if so what is the url.

Hi Brian

Yes, the NOMAD catalog add-on in KStars is formatted specifically for
KStars. We did investigate other "standard" formats, but none seemed
to suit the purposes of the HTM indexing we use in KStars.

This is the direct link that the 'Download new Data' option uses
internally:
http://download.kde.org/apps/kstars/USNO-NOMAD-1e8-1.0.tar.gz

But I think this is a bug against KNewStuff2. I guess it would help if
those who have had problems with this could file a bug on these lines
with details of what exactly happened.