[Kstars-devel] UID for comets

Khudyakov Alexey alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 00:33:59 CEST 2009

Hello

I've implemented UIDs for all objects but comets. So is there some unique
designation for every comet so it could be used for UID?

As for AuxInfo. It should be stored in some kind of hash global hash. I
believe inside KStarsData. Following API is proposed:

## KstarsData

/** Return reference to object with UID equal to uid. Always return valid
reference. if object doesn't exist in list creates empty object and return
reference to it.
 */
AuxInfo& KStarsData::getAuxInfo(const SkyObject::UID& uid);

/** Check if AuxInfo for object present with such UID present in list. */
bool KStarData::hasAuxInfo(const SkyObject::UID& uid);

## SkyObject
Add two proxy methods for SkyObject.

AuxInfo& SkyObject::getAuxInfo()
bool SktObject::hasAuxInfo() const;

Remove all old AuxObject related function from SkyObject.
--
  Khudyakov Alexey