[Kstars-devel] Drawing comet tail patch

Charles chp516 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 06:49:36 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Sorry about the hasty submission last night, the patch was still
incorrect. I made a correction when the sun is in the second or the
third quadrant relative to the comet where the return value of the
atan function needs to be adjusted.

I find another defect with my patch: if the Sun is not on screen, the
map->toScreen((SkyPoint *) Sun) returns (-10000000, -10000000) which
makes the rotation incorrect. Can someone tell me whether there is a
more decent way to determine the location of the Sun?

Regards,
--
Charles