[Kstars-devel] Comets with tail : ) .. but hey why is the tail not pointing away from sun? : (

Vipul Kumar Singh vipulkrsingh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:23:59 CEST 2009

Hi everyone ..
I have been trying to learn basics of qt graphics programing so that i can
be in good position to work on my Google summer of code proposal.

I have successfully modified the draw() in cometscomponent.cpp to display a
good picture in place of a comet.. experimented with various colors but with
red and gray color scale, it looks good.. ideally colors should be different
depending on the comet but, for now i am using only one image to represent
comets.

Have attached two snapshots , one shows a few comets and other shows close
look at a comet.

But i am facing some problems regarding..

i) int width= f (tailsize);

 I am unable to convert that tailsize to a value that can be used as a width
to display comet with tail at current zoom level.

ii)  an angle through which image should be rotated so that the tail appears
to point away from sun..

Thank you,
Vipul Kumar Singh